Fall 2020 Updates
Fall 2020 - Cancelled
The Tualatin Hills Junior Soccer League (THJSL) has decided that there will be no league sponsored recreational soccer season this fall. Westside Soccer Club supports this decision.
Some clubs, especially competitive clubs, are having soccer practices this fall that are allowed under the current guidelines established by OHA and the governor. Westside is choosing not to hold such practices in the name of reducing possibilities for COVID infections. We will shortly begin processing full refunds for those who have paid.
The Westside Soccer board was unanimous in the opinion that the overall health of our community and meeting the metrics to get kids back in school classrooms are more important than playing soccer games. There are also logistical difficulties surrounding field availability and Return to Play guidelines. We know this is disappointing, but we feel strongly that it is the correct decision. We hope very much to have a season in the spring of 2021.
Fall 2020 Registration is Currently On Hold
Due to uncertainty surrounding Fall sports and the COVID-19 pandemic, Westside Soccer Club has put a temporary hold on registration for the Fall 2020 season. At the THJSL meeting on August 18, the league will consider the county reopening phase status and field status to determine if it is feasible to move forward with fall recreational soccer. Once the decision has been made, we will re-open registration if appropriate.
To reduce potential fees should the season be cancelled, we are also putting a hold on seasonal payments. We recently extended the deadline to August 14, but are now holding off on taking any payment until after August 18.
If the season is set to move forward, we will update this page with a new registration and payment deadline. At that time we will notify all registered families of the new payment deadline. If the season is cancelled, we will refund registration fees to those who have already paid.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the office at email@example.com.
Westside Soccer Club Families,
Here is the latest status of Fall Soccer registration for Westside Soccer club.
Our registration deadline of 7/31 is being moved back to 8/14. Please to go to www.westsidesoccerclub.com
In order to ease financial concerns, we are now promising 100% refunds if the season is cancelled due to COVID-19. To help reduce club costs, please use the deferred payment ("pay by check") option and delay payment until after August 7, or until the club sends out payment reminders.
Stay safe and we hope to see you on the soccer field soon.
Westside Soccer Board
Here is an update on the status of 2020 Fall Recreational Soccer from Westside Soccer Club.
First of all, we hope everyone is staying healthy and safe during the coronavirus pandemic. While we certainly want to have our kids enjoying the sport of soccer, the health of these young people and their families comes first.
Having a fall soccer season depends critically on 2 items outside of our control: when Washington County moves to phase 2, and when THPRD releases soccer fields will dictate our options.
The Westside Board is working on options to provide the best possible soccer experience under the circumstances. Possible options include:
- If Washington County goes to phase 2 by early or mid August, then THPRD will have the 4-6 weeks it needs to prepare fields in time for games to start during September, and Westside will likely be able to have a 6-8 game season. Practice time may be impacted. The exact number of games that we play will depend on when fields become available.
- No games against other clubs. Practices are allowed during phase 1 under the OHA summer camp guidance, keeping in mind that we still need field time from THPRD. If Washington County goes to phase 2 at a date that is too late for a normal “league” season, we might still have practices and a small number of games within our club. Other modifications to game play, team formation, etc. may be needed.
- No soccer at all.
At this point, it is mostly a waiting game. The ability of Washington County to go to phase 2 is the single biggest factor in our decision making. We encourage each of you to follow the guidelines of the state government, Washington County and OHA as it pertains to face coverings and avoiding crowds.
We will publish additional updates as the situation develops. Our registration continues to be open at www.westsidesoccerclub.com
Westside Soccer Club Board.